The students’ training in journalism in the Republic of Moldova was initiated in 1966 at the Faculty of Philology. Then, the Journalistic Section was created, and later, in 1980, the Faculty of Journalism was founded. Since 1993, this faculty of the State University from Moldova, along with the inauguration of the new formative channels (public communication, library science and information assistance), has changed its name, becoming the Faculty of Journalism and Communication Sciences. It includes currently three departments: Theory and Practice of Journalism, Radio and Television, Communication and Information Theory. The educational standards adopted at the faculty promote professionalism, freedom of thought, social responsibility and creativity. The existent technology in instructional laboratories and computer classes ensures a full-time students’ training based on modern information technologies. The faculty is open to all those who share these values, welcoming and supporting students ‘and teachers’ initiatives.
The mission of the Faculty of Journalism and Communication Sciences is to provide students with a thorough, a high-level scientific training on (1) the functional activities of media institutions, publishing houses, libraries; (2) conceptual activities of journalistic and advertising production; (3) the organizational activities of the information processes, both theoretically and practically. The objectives of the faculty are oriented towards examining of concepts, paradigms and specific mechanisms of the various media-communication institutions, positioning the professional experience in intellectual terms and integrating them into a coherent system that would ensure the training of highly qualified specialists, according to international standards areas of vocational training.
Graduates of the Faculty of Journalism and Communication Sciences obtain the Bachelor’s /Master’s degree in Journalism and Information, which allows them to be employed in different types of media-communication institutions as:
– Presenter of RTV shows; producer of RTV broadcasts; RTV talk shows moderator; reporter at RTV, online agencies and portals; online media platform manager; editor, newspapers’ and magazines’ director; commentator; media analyst; investigative journalist etc.;
– Communicator; press service specialist; advertising producer; public relations specialist, etc.;
– Librarians of 1st and 2nd category; head of Office; library director etc.;
– Literary editors, techno-editors, press correctors, designers, newspapers makers, etc.
DEAN: Assoc. Prof., Hab. PhD. Georgeta Stepanov
VICE-DEAN: Assoc. Prof., PhD. Dumitru Ţurcanu
METHODOLOGIST: Olga Bârlădeanu
- Theory and Practice of Journalism
- Radio and Television
- Communication and Information Theory
- Instructive radio station Unda Liberă Terrabit
- TV Studio
- Online Journalism
List of study programs, level I Bachelor
- Jurnalism și procese mediatice 2019-2020 2020-2021
- Comunicare şi relaţii publice 2019-2020 2020-2021
- Biblioteconomie asistență informațională și arhivistică 2019-2020 2020-2021